- This position will be calling on captive and near captive vendors in the Industrial Equipment segment, which includes: Machine Tools, Graphic Arts/Printing, Fabrication, Plastics, Packaging, Food Processing and Woodworking.
- It will prospect the Company’s current captive and near captive vendor relationships for repeat business, executing account management plans, identifying new vendor relationships, building and maintaining current relationships, closing sales opportunities, and working with the internal credit and operations teams to create seamless vendor and end user experiences
- This Vendor Program Manager will develop a strong understanding of the ENGS value proposition and demonstrate in depth knowledge and understanding of the targeted audience. They must be results orientated and high achiever and have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to persist despite slow and uncertain progress.
- Coordinates the receipt, packaging and transfer of credit applications and all other required information for credit underwriting, documentation and funding. Monitors document status and deal flow; follows up with program managers on delays or issues and provides vendor sales representatives and other stakeholders ongoing updates on the status of pending deals. Serves as a conduit and primary contact for aligning clients with Engs’s processes, answering questions, and resolving escalated issues.
- Communicates final credit decisions to vendors, develops proposals on approved deals and forwards document requests to captive vendors.
- May make joint sales calls with vendor representatives and attend open houses, mixers, and trade shows as well as perform account maintenance activities to: verify satisfaction with vendors; remain up to date with current requirements; identify unmet needs; and generate referrals.
- Input/manage the Salesforce vendor, client and lead database to utilize lead tracking, follow-up and analysis of win/loss ratios. Provides the captive and near captive vendors with reports on the sales funnel, account plans and opportunities projected to close.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will actively participate in the organization’s sales planning process and provide input on market trends, competitive intelligence and new business opportunities. Collaborating with sales leadership on the development of account management plans and executes the process for managing account relationships, monitoring feedback on client satisfaction and implementation of strategies and tactics for client retention.
- Builds brand loyalty with vendor sales representatives by serving as a resource for information and as a trusted advisor for providing the best financing options for the vendor’s customers.
- Utilizes a consultative selling process to build relationships with buying influences and win business within transactional and key accounts through researching customer needs, planning call objectives, qualifying opportunities, and making business cases for partnering with Engs.
Key performance objectives in order of priority with ideal time allocation are:
- 60% – Maintain & Grow Current Vendor and lessee relationships to achieve sales objectives and enhance vendor and brand loyalty
- 20% – Identifying, developing, and closing new vendor and lessee relationships that result in on-going incremental sales and increased margins
- 20% – Facilitating transactions process from origination through funding using a consultative selling process to achieve close ratio targets
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent job experience)