This position is responsible for applying principles of accounting to prepare and record journal entries, support schedules, and account reconciliations and assist in the preparation of financial reports. :
- Responsible for efficient, accurate and timely monthly closing.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Account analysis and reconciliation.
- Assist in external and internal audit processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Month End Closing
- Assist in month end closing processes ensuring that transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial report.
- Account Analysis and Reconciliation.
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations including fixed assets, accruals, and prepaid expenses.
- Investigate reconciling differences and address appropriately.
- Assist with Audit Process
- Prepare and provide schedules and documents related to the external audit of the Company’s financial statements.
- Other projects and initiatives as requested
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job-related experience
- One to three years of related experience
- Computer skills required: Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Great Plaines desired
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision.