Engs Insurance Agency LLC., a 5+ year independent insurance agency, is looking to hire a full-time Insurance Agent to support its fast-growing business. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, hard- working and represent our company in the highest manner possible. This candidate will also need to multi-task and interact with all internal and external clients.
The Program Account Executive is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling new and renewal accounts within the Transportation and Industrial programs. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the yearly planning process. Service and sales standards must be met with emphasis placed on the quality of the insurance product presented to the client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development of the sales objectives. Meets the forecasted premium volume and commission growth goals as established with Sales Vice President.
- Creates and maintains prospect and suspect lists.
- Underwrites insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
- Identifies the client’s insurance needs, gaps in coverage, and loss exposures (Insurable and uninsurable).
- Obtains accurate information from the prospects; including completing applications, supplemental questionnaires, driver information, and other related documentation to provide complete, comprehensive submissions.
- Recommends insurance coverage to clients based on exposures.
- Meets agency standards for account receivables.
- Accurately documents client files and electronic files as to coverage discussions, quotes, declination, and coverage change or declined.
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
- Follow agency Standard of Excellence and Best Practices procedures for processing and preparation of customer correspondence, certificates of insurance, binders, cancellation requests, insurance I.D. cards, and internal correspondence as requested ensuring that activities and follow-ups are set and the client file in the agency management systems are updated and consistent with the paper file
Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 4-year college degree required
- Illinois State Insurance Brokers License required
- 2+ years’ experience in insurance agency
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.