JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
The Manager of Network Services is responsible for managing, adjusting, monitoring, troubleshooting and overall efficient and secure operation of the network / desktop systems including hardware, software, and phone technologies. The position has been established to perform LAN/WAN projects involving the design, analysis, maintenance, and implementation of LAN/WAN equipment and networks and perform system administration on those systems. The position is responsible for the management, procurement and installation of all software and hardware throughout the organization and the helpdesk functions associated with them.
Reports to Director, Network Services
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manages and administers all associated LAN/WAN systems.
- Manages server logistics.
- Align computer systems technologies to compliment and support business/strategic plans.
- Make recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to cost savings and/or productivity improvements.
- Provide for efficient computer and/or voice system operation, including total throughput, CPU use, peripheral operation, and application performance statistics.
- Establish system management criteria. Develop, maintain, and monitor procedures and policies.
- Implement all changes in the production environment concerning network operations.
- Coordinate software upgrades to servers and desktop hardware as necessary.
- Coordinate capacity, planning and analyze information concerning:
- Job-processing time, response times, hardware, software utilization, CPU loads.
- Monitor system device capacities and status.
- Coordinate and control system tuning and hardware tuning and hardware integration.
- Develop computer usage policies and standards as required.
- Maintain server backup architecture and ensure critical data is protected from loss.
- Monitor compliance with policies and regularly report results.
- Issue technical bulletins to inform users of system changes. Maintain and use programs to record system use and analyze equipment use and recommend changes for improved system operation.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all computer equipment and software licenses for maintenance schedules and overall control along with upgrade paths.
- Provide assistance with helpdesk support and issue resolution for the organization in completion of reported hardware and software issues (20-40%)
- Monitor / Manage / Complete help desk requests.
- Manage technical Performance Improvement programs, stressing quality.
- Analyze computer system malfunctions, including the number and type of re-starts, processing delays and errors, and other evidence of unsatisfactory or unusual conditions.
- Develop action plans to address unsatisfactory occurrences.
- Manage technical Performance Improvement programs, stressing quality control of service to clients.
- Evaluate and manage service contracts for computer and/or voice systems, including recommendations for renewals and cancellations.
- Ensure data/system security by protecting the corporate Information Technologies from unauthorized access, use, or interruption:
- Maintain a security program for the protection of systems hardware, software, and data. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines to direct and carry out objectives.
- Research and recommend security measures to be included in the installation of new systems of application programs.
- Monitor and evaluate data security implemented in the System; work to reduce all risks to corporate computer resources and investigate security breaches.
- Test the operation of all security measures and report results as necessary.
- Ensure that the security program provides the necessary safeguards for good business practice and that it meets all necessary corporate and government regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper Anti-Virus and other software tools are installed and working on servers and desktops.
- Maintain a comprehensive disaster recovery plan and conduct periodic testing as required.
- Manage the hardware and software procurement / installation process as required by the organization
- Manage personnel reporting to them as well as providing progress reports and reviews.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES
Standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, carrying, reaching, handling, sitting, fingering, talking, hearing, visual acuity-near and far, field of vision, color vision.
Must be able to move, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
May be required to travel to our satellite office in Birmingham, AL once or twice a year.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer science or equivalent work experience; emphasis on network and computer operations.
- 10+ years’ experience in supporting Windows servers and desktop environments.
- Expert knowledge in network switch configuration, network design, and the ability to monitor performance and adjust traffic as the need arises.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Willingness to work off hours as required.
- 3+ years’ experience in virtual server environments utilizing VMWare.
- 3+ years of Office 365/Azure Active Directory support experience.
- Team lead/IT management experience.
- Internet Information Server (IIS) experience a plus.
- Experience with any of the following software is a plus:
- ConnectWise Control
- Datrium Hypervisor
- ZScaler Zero Trust Platform (ZIA and ZPA)
- FortiGate firewalls, FortiAP wireless access points and Fortinac network device authentication appliance.
- Egress email encryption
- Crowdstrike EDR