We are looking for a competent Level 1 Help desk technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult employees.
The goal is to create value for employees that will help them perform their job tasks and to preserve the company’s reputation and business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serving as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by employees.
- Walk the employee through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in the Help Desk ticketing system
- Follow-up and update employee status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by employees to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Employee cubicle moves and new hire cubicle setups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other technical support role for 1 to 3 years.
- Technical working knowledge of office automation products, Microsoft operating systems, printers, and remote control.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Redirect unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-oriented and patient.
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field preferred.
- Windows 10 Professional installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Office 2016/365 and Teams.
- Desktops, laptops, and tablet setup/imaging, maintenance, configuration
- HP and Ricoh printer support
- Smart Phone setup, both Apple and Samsung
- VoIP phone support
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs. Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Interpersonal Skills – Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop or kneel
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision.