Engs Commercial Finance Co., a 60+ year commercial transportation finance company, is looking hire a Documentation Specialist to support its fast-growing business. The idea l candidate will be an excellent communicator, har d-working and represent our company in the highest manner possible. This candidate will also need to multi-task and interact with all internal and external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read document requests and credit approvals to understand loan and lease structures
- Analyze transactions; obtain approvals to ensure compliance with company policy
- Prepare loan and lease financing contracts using designated forms and templates
- Communicate with EFC sales team and external customers to ensure documents are prepared in a timely manner
- Interact with third parties to obtain signed documents
- Coordinate funding and booking activities with vendors, sales team and other departments
- Ensure files are prepared, organized and sent to Custodian in a timely manner
- Ensure any exception identified by Custodian is resolved in a timely fashion
- Interact with third parties in a professional manner at all times
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- 1 – 3 years of related work experience (or 3 – 5 years for Doc Specialist 1) in the loan and/or leasing industry
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, finance, or related field) or equivalent experience preferred, para legal experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel; Access a plus
- Familiarity with Uniform Commercial Code, Article 9
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short time frames to complete tasks
- Work both independently, and as a team player, with focus on positive customer service
- Strong decision-making capabilities and ability to work well under pressure
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interface well with internal and external customers
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Dependability – Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Occasionally required to stand, sit and walk
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to bend or stoop
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.