Engs Commercial Finance Co. (“ENGS”) is one of the oldest, most respected and largest finance companies in the U.S. We have been the lender of choice for dealers, manufacturers, and vendor since 1952. ENGS is a fully diversified and specialized lender that provides lease and loan solutions to the Construction, Transportation, and Industrial Equipment segments. We are a vendor-based lender that provides best-in-class products, service and technology tools to our sales team and vendors.
- Expert in identification and development of strategic equipment manufacturer and large dealer (“Prospects”) finance programs in our Target Markets.
- Establishes strategic development plan to solicit Prospects for recurring flow business and implements the development plan into the ENGS organization. Prospect programs can be large complex relationships that are highly competitive to capture and involve working with multiple areas of ENGS to establish specific processes and system enhancements to support the program. Frequently communicates with executives at Target Prospects and within ENGS. Must be very comfortable working with executives in the context of a complex sales process.
- Is skilled at researching public search engines to identify eligible Prospects.
- Is an expert in Target Market equipment and industry segments, i.e. knows the leading manufacturers, channel partners, sales processes, finance products and support services specific to assigned equipment or industry segment(s).
- Compensation plan is competitive base salary plus annual bonus for achievement of pre-determined metrics.
- Works within Target Markets or industry segment to develop relationships with key executives at Target prospects.
- Creates prospect development strategies by analyzing each prospect’s current vendor finance business model and determining how it may be improved by applying ENGS products and services.
- Makes frequent calls on Target Market prospects and brings in ENGS management as appropriate.
- Creates and composes presentations for Target Market prospects creating awareness of ENGS capabilities and address specific prospect needs. Prospect needs typically are somewhat unique and solutions can be complex involving organizational design, systems, processes, underwriting and finance structuring. Often involves working with multiple functions for content and review.
- Drafts proposals for new programs and upgrading existing programs. Proposal composition requires working with multiple functions for content and review.
- Attends trade shows and industry events. Uses these opportunities to meet with prospects to cultivate relationships.
- Responsible for managing program implementation which can be complex, involve multiple functions and require extensive planning, organization, and project management.
- Following new program implementation maintains relationship with client executives and works with an assigned Program Manager to manage the transaction flow.
- Provides guidance and training to ENGS employees with respect to equipment and Target Market requirements and developments and Prospect program requirements.
Attributes for Success
- Experience in some or all of our target markets
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional ability to develop and cultivate strategic relationships.
- Strong presentation, organization, and time management skills
- Works well independently and in collaborative environments
- Familiarity with commercial credit, credit bureaus and credit scores
- Aware of the funding processes for target markets
- Networking internally and externally to manage and solve problems.
- Be a forward thinker and suggest process improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- 10+ years in construction and/or other ENGS target markets, preferably in program business Development
- Existing relationships with OEMs across Construction, Transportation and/or Industrial industries
- Ability to travel with frequent overnights
- Four-year college degree preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Computer literate – knowledge of SalesForce.com a plus
Reports To: EVP/CMO
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.