ENGS Commercial Finance is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Specialist to provide overall information security support and analysis services for the ENGS IT Infrastructure, including Network, Email, and Application Systems.
Performs advanced analysis of adversary tradecraft, malicious code, and capabilities. Provides cyber threat and intelligence analysis and develops briefings and reports to distribute and aid in information sharing and protection efforts. Develops and maintains subject matter expertise of Advanced Persistent Threats and assists with Incident Response efforts.
Serves as the expert responsible for providing expert cyber threat and intelligence technical support for all ENGS locations. Required to provide support to monitor, correlate, identify, analyze, mitigate, manage and track processes for all security incidents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, upgrade, and/or monitor security measures for the protection of ENGS Commercial Finance computer networks and information systems
- Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure
- Respond to Classified Message Incidents (computer security breaches and viruses) in a timely manner using current ENGS Security policies, procedures and regulations
- Analyze emails for malware/phishing via Help Desk requests.
- Analyze alerts from various enterprise level sensors sand determine possible causes of alerts
- Creating and updating processes that support the analysis of log files from a variety of enterprise level systems and sensors to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection / prevention system logs
- Monitoring external and internal data sources to maintain enterprise threat conditions
- Provide advanced network event analysis and intrusion analysis
- Work with cross-functional disciplines to develop a Cyber Security Plan
- Implement and document industry standard prevention, detection, and response measures
- Work with third parties to coordinate annual penetration testing
- Lead efforts to implement recommendations from penetration tests
- Attend conferenced and other Cyber Security Educational training to ensure company remains current in understanding evolving cyber threats, best practices and avoidance techniques
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in information technology or related field
- Five to seven (5-7) years of relevant experience in related field
- Experience with regulatory Requirements (SOX / Privacy / Banking/GDPR)
- Experience with Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
- Ability to brief/work with IT leadership and high-level stakeholders
- AlienVault Experience (AlienVault Anywhere preferred) Experience
- TrendMicro – experience a plus
- Thycotic – experience a plus
- KnowB4 Security Training experience a plus
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) experience a plus
- Certifications – CISSP or CCSP a plus
- Ethics – Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources.
- Customer Service -Responds promptly to customer needs. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Design – Generates creative solutions. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Interpersonal Skills -Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement -Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation -Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing -Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner
- Project Management – Coordinates projects. Communicates changes and progress.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures
- Strategic Thinking -Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Technical Skills -Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.