Underwrite transactions, in a fast-paced environment, that support the verticals within ENGS Commercial Finance Co.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review applications for accuracy.
- Decision transactions up to $175K.
- Underwrite and present transactions to management that exceed credit authority by accurately determining total exposure and recommending applicants accordingly.
- Review and analyze public information such as Dun & Bradstreet reports, Paynet reports, Secretary of State corporate name verifications, Safer reports, Credit Bureau reports etc.
- Call, fax or email for credit references.
- Review existing customers for additional exposure to determine if applicant stays in flow for underwriting or needs to be reviewed by Fleet for further consideration.
- Research industries, markets and equipment as requested.
- Communicate via phone, email or in person with peers and other departments in a professional manner.
- Communicate via phone or email Dealers, Manufacturers and Clients.
- Assisting in additional projects as needed by Management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree required with a major in finance preferred
- Ability to spread and analyze financial statements.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect. Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Business Acumen – Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management -Communicates changes effectively.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgement – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards. Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision.