Engs Commercial Finance Co. is looking for a motivated collection professional who can develop customer relationships, recognize delinquency trends, identify causes of account difficulties, and determine the best course of action to resolve delinquency issues and mitigate risk to the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily outbound collection calls to delinquent customers
- Prepare and present account status reports to management upon request
- Maximize recoveries through customer contact, skip tracing, or other means necessary with any actions taken to be in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Work with customers to reschedule, rewrite, or extend payments when necessary
- Develop action plans to cure delinquency while following proper processes and procedures
- Coordinate with Credit, Sales, dealers, and other personnel to effectively utilize all resources to maximize productivity
- Create demand letters and formulate emails to contact customers regarding delinquency
- Document all interactions with customers and vendors to ensure reporting accuracy
- Make recommendations to Senior Management and Asset Management in regards to securing collateral when appropriate
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or Associate’s Degree (AA) degree preferred.
- 3+ years of commercial collections experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Customer Service focused
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.