In this role, you’ll be responsible for performing daily accounting and system administrative duties, specifically focusing on optimizing the use of our insurance agency management and third-party systems. You will be working directly with the Sr. Finance and Operations manager to process day-to-day accounting transactions and assist in complete projects that are crucial to creating sustainable and scalable platforms to support our agency’s rapid growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs data processing into accounting system and other data processing systems.
- Posting of daily batches of ACH and Credit card insurance premium payments
- Review upcoming monthly credit card transactions for expired dates.
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies.
- Verify refund requests and process client reimbursements.
- Post insufficient funds transactions and assign to account managers for collections.
- Reconcile monthly agency bill company payables and program business bordereau.
- Issue invoices and statements to customers upon request.
- Troubleshoot software and assist in resolving issues.
- Work closely with IT department to develop the operations and IT ecosystem to support the business.
- Maintain systems passwords and work with IT department on deployment of new release cycles and schedules.
- Assist with onboarding new staff with supplying credentials and security rights to various systems.
- Assist Sr. Finance and Operations manager special accounting and technology projects.
- 2-4 years’ experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures business functions such as policy administration, claims, reconciliation etc.
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Organization skills
- Communication skills
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- Basic project management skills
- Possess an understanding of the technologies and systems used in Insurance industry
- Experience working with Applied Epic, Sales Force, and Lease Plus platforms.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.